The Natural Selection Tour kicks off at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort with the world’s top riders. A manifestation of Travis Rice’s wildest dreams, the Tour’s innovative format will reveal riders’ full creative expression and require a deep knowledge of backcountry conditions to reign supreme. All events will run within seven-day windows to ensure that the terrain is in peak season conditions. Starting off at the YETI Natural Selection at Jackson Hole, there will be sixteen men and eight women dropping into the venue, a complex zone, rich with natural features, which represents one of the most rugged pieces of inbound terrain at Jackson Hole. “The Natural Selection Tour is designed with Mother Nature as the main character, and with mutual respect for and from snowboarding,” said Travis Rice, pro snowboarder.
Learn more @ https://www.naturalselectiontour.com/
We are still planning our upcoming events for the winter of 20/21.
Given the uncertainty of COVID-19 we are exploring how we can still have the biggest impact possible and still keep our community safe.
What Have We Been Up To?
- Our organization sponsored 10 kids with passes, instructors, and rental gear into the Coombs Outdoor snowboard program. We are big supporters of what their company has done with the local youth, and how we at CTF can lock arms for their snowboarding branch.
- We also donated boards and other gear to several kids who were left empty handed and wouldn’t have been able to hit the mountain if it weren’t for our efforts.
- Recently, we’ve also donated a lot of time to helping Coombs and their efforts with bringing Native Arapaho kids to Jackson to go snowboarding and skiing. (on that note, we are in need of some volunteers for projects like this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would to be added to our volunteer list)
- Our “Pizza For A Purpose” Night at Handfire Pizza was a huge success and we are very grateful for all of you that came out to support!
- National Go Skateboarding Day was an incredibly fun event. Lots of lucky kids went home with brand new skateboards, and two super lucky winners brought home a custom build funbox and quarterpipe!
Kings & Queens of Corbet’s
The Kings and Queens of Corbet’s is a brand new freeride event held at the most famed couloir in North America. Skiers and riders will travel the world to test their grit and showcase their progressive style at the legendary run in hopes of greatness. At the end of the day, just one man and one woman will be crowned the King and Queen of Corbet’s.
The JH Shaper Summit (formerly the JH PowWow) is the world’s premiere powderboard test and snowboard design gathering held in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Once a year we invite some of the most dedicated and solid riders on the planet to test powder and freeride boards. For 3 days we ride the heck out of as many boards as we can and give the feedback directly to each brand in an effort to collectively progress snowboard design.
The actual test is INVITE ONLY, but there are plenty of additional parties and events like the SHREDTalks going on during the week open to the public.
We test over 150 snowboards, generate over 500 reviews, celebrate the culture of snowboarding through the SHREDTalks, and pretty much shred our faces off at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Organized by pro-rider Rob Kingwill.
Dick’s Ditch is a two-day banked slalom competition that runs on the man-made and natural terrain in Dick’s Ditch, from Lupine Way down to South Pass Traverse. Friday is an optional inspection day. Saturday’s run is a qualifier for the Sunday final. 70% of the field in each category advances to Sunday’s competition. Pro divisions earn cash prizes of $1000 for 1st place, $500 for second place, and $250 for third place.