To learn more about CTF’s brand, mission, and programs, please visit www.carvingthefuture.com
Position Title: Executive Director
Salaried $55,000 starting, pay raise upon performance, +/- 40 hours per week
The Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for CTF’s staff, fundraising, programs, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director works together with the Board and founder to develop both a short and long-term vision, to manage the implementation of the vision, and to recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
As an outward facing representative of the Carving The Future, the Executive Director is expected to present a positive narrative about the organization and its administration, and maintain confidentiality about all internal workings of the organization, from budgets to organizational structure to internal communications, and all client information.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact with the Board of Directors and serve as an ex-officio member of the Board and all committees of the Board.
- Keep the Board informed of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Work together with the Board Chair to prepare meeting agendas. Provide supporting materials and a monthly ED report and monthly financial reports.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Develop appropriate operational policies and procedures.
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget
- Keep within budget
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board
- Manage AR/AP
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed and consistent donor records are maintained
- Ensure that personnel, client, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained
- Develop a Fundraising Plan
- Work with the Board to meet the fundraising goals of the organization
- Report back regularly to the Board as a whole, and to Board members individually, on the status of the goals to keep everyone accountable.
- Oversee fundraising events
- Work with Partners on joint fundraising opportunities
- Formalize Corporate Sponsorships
- Ensure that all donors are appropriately thanked and touched regularly
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Serve as a primary spokesperson for the organization
- Oversee all outgoing communications, including Web/Social Media/Newsletter, etc.
- Hire and manage all staff.
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for staff and success metrics
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
If you are interested in applying for this position. please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “executive director position”